Volunteer with IKWRO
You can help IKWRO through volunteering.
COUNSELLING PLACEMENT (ARABIC)
Who we are looking for?
We currently have a number of placements available for Advance Diploma Trainee or psych trainee or qualified counsellor. We have a few placement opportunities available and we would desire someone who can provide therapy in Arabic.
Who we are?
Iranian and Kurdish Women’s Rights Organisation (IKWRO) is a specialist charity organisation offering advice, advocacy, counselling and support for women and girls of Middle Eastern origin who are still oppressed in the UK from highly patriarchal cultures, particularly Farsi, Kurdish, Arab, Turkish and Dari speaking women who have been affected by or who are experiencing domestic violence, forced marriages, female genital mutilation and “honour” killings. Please do note that due to the nature of the work the address of our organisation will not be given unless if selected for an interview. As an indicator we have various placements available in the following areas: Central London, Hammersmith, Sutton and Camden.
Training Placement Duties:
- Delivering psychological interventions to our Clients
- You can use any therapeutic approach you deem suitable for the client.
- Clients are offered 16 sessions and in some cases if needed this can be extended
- You will need a minimum commitment of 6 months and 1 day per week.
- Supervision will be provided according to your course requirements
Requirements of Placement:
- Advanced Diploma trainee or psych trainee or qualified counsellor or working towards accreditation and desire someone who can speak Arabic
- A recognised trainee registration with a regulating body such as the HCPC, BPS, BACP or UKCP
- Professional Indemnity Insurance (trainee status)
- A good practical knowledge of the HCPC, BPS, BACP or UKCP ethical framework for counselling and psychotherapy
- An interest in trauma and/or domestic violence
If you are interested please email us:
- A CV listing your professional and related experience.
- Two satisfactory references (one of which should be your current supervisor/tutor)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
IKWRO Contact number: 02079206460