This festive season, IKWRO is raising money to empower and support women in our specialist refuge for Middle Eastern, North African and Afghan women.
We do our best to make sure that the women in our refuge have all the support they need. We provide them with a safe and secure environment, specialist counselling and advice. However, we still have very few resources and would like to be able to provide more.
In 2016, with your help, we raised £3,470 to build a therapeutic garden where women who have escaped violence can relax, exercise and grow flowers and herbs. This year, for our festive appeal, we ask once again for your help.
Every donation and support – from £5 or £10 to sharing our appeal with your contacts – will make a big difference to the lives of the women in our refuge.
Our goal is to raise £2,500. This money will be used to provide women in our refugee with:
- life-skills training opportunities – including support with job searches and CV writing, to ensure that once they leave the refuge, they can build new independent lives;
- therapeutic and entertaining activities – some of the women in our refuge have never been to the cinema or to a museum, so we would like to organise some enjoyable activities with them;
- support with moving-out once they decide to leave the refuge;
- extra help for pregnant women, or those with young children – including clothes and basic supplies;
- PCs and Internet, to allow them to enrol in distance learning courses, or to look for job opportunities;
- furniture and decorations to make our refuge more homely and welcoming.
To donate please visit our Festive Appeal on Crowdfunder: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/festive-appeal-for-our-women-s-refuge
Thank you for your support!